Our Thanksgiving travels led us four hours away from home. We had a great time, but we were all eager to get back home. We were given directions for a short cut back to I-85 which takes us down to Montgomery. It was a new road that was not open the last time we were up in the northern country! It was much better than our old route because it avoided all the twists, turns, and zig-zags. John Mark and I were excited that we had made it back to the interstate (approx 1 hour into the return trip) when Lauren piped up "Dad, I thought that this was a shortcut."
Dad replied, "It is, Lauren!"
Lauren snapped, "Then why are we not home yet?"
You gotta love it! According to Lauren it wasn't much of a shortcut! Did it cut any time off for you? Hope it was a great time.
ReplyDelete