Monday, December 1, 2008

A look into the future...

The busy holiday season is upon us.  The kids started Upward Basketball this week which adds 3 practices to our afternoon/evening schedule.  Fortunately with the exception of this week, they are all back-to-back-to-back on Tuesday!  The first games are on Saturday. 
 
We finally got a new basketball goal up.  Our old one had fallen over while we were at church months ago - by nature or by someone else we do not know.  The end result was a broken base which would not support the goal anymore.  I have been working on getting to new one installed for quite awhile...really!!  Today it went up, and Tyler came home to practice.  Guess what - he missed more than he made!  Guess whose fault it is...mine of course!?!?  Only time will tell if his star quality shot will return!!!

We are in the final week of rehearsals for the church Christmas program.  Tyler and Corynne have small extra parts in the program.  We have a minimum of 1 hour of practice Tues and Wed.  Then dress rehearsal Saturday morning (with basketball sandwiched around this possibly).  The program in Saturday evening and 2 times on Sunday morning.    Done by NOON!?  No, there is brunch with Santa  until 1pm.  Then an adult Sunday School Party on Sunday night!    

I forgot to mention that Friday night is the annual Father/Daughter Diamond Princess Ball.  Corynne and Lauren have been waiting for this event since last year.  Their spirits were not even hampered when I told them I was not buying a new ball gown this year since last year's gowns still fit!  (Although, JM is planning something different!)  This is their date night with Dad complete with dancing!

Saturday evening we also meet up with our PAs and their spouses for dinner and fellowship immediately after the church Christmas program.  It should be a fun evening, but I still have to find a late night babysitter!

This is all extra stuff for this week on top of the normal piano, tennis, and dance!  Oh, I got a call today that I had schedule dentist appointments for kids 6 months ago for TOMORROW!  I think that Ty may have to check out early so we can get to dentist, dance, tennis, basketball, and rehearsal on in one day!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh great, just what you needed, more activities! Girl, I don't know how you get it all done! One day your going to drop over from so much running. I admire you. Can I be you when I grow up?

    ReplyDelete