Thursday, December 4, 2008

Reading her 1st real book!


Lauren read her first real story this morning.  I have to admit that when I saw the book in her homework folder, I did sigh inside and think this is going to take awhile.  She was so excited!  And she did it all by herself!  I know...she is 5.  I know it is about time for her to start reading.  I know...you had a kid that started reading at 3 1/2 or 4.  I know..I had one that started reading early also.  IT WAS MY FIRST CHILD.  Lauren is my third, and she learned to read despite my bad parenting!  Way to go Lauren.  Now I know that there is hope for Lyndsey!

1 comment:

  1. What bad parenting? You are the BEST! I love to see my kids reading. It makes my heart smile to know that the kids like to be transported to another place as much as I do. You can always visit somewhere else when you can read! Good for Lyndsey, she's such a big girl now!

    ReplyDelete