Thursday, November 6, 2008

I did not know that a stapler could cause me pain!

Today was my once a month, copy helper day at the girls' school.  I actually do not mind standing at the copy machine for over 2 hours copying and sorting.  On my day, I copy for the 4-6 grade teachers.  Honestly, it is an easy job and the teachers are so grateful for the help.  Today was like all the months past.  I stood there and copied, stapled, hole punched, cut, and bound just like the teachers requested.  And being the type A personality that I am, I checked and rechecked everything to make sure it was perfect.  I was so excited to be almost done when in walked a teacher to explained that last week her papers were not done correctly and she needed them fixed.  I smiled and said, "what would you like me to do?"  She explained that this 7 inch tall pile of copies was stapled together wrong.  She wanted 10 sets of each chapter stapled individually.  No problem!  Wow.  There were ten big sets and had to be broken into 22 chapters each and stapled.  About half way through my arm muscles would not push down any more!   All those push-ups, bench presses and boxing yesterday are paying me back!  I was  in tears as I finished the last batch!   
Great, Now I get to go to Sam's and lift 4 cases of water, 4  cases of cokes, multiple 1 gallon jugs of juice and milk, and much much more.  This should count as a workout!  Right?!?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that is an additional workout! Hang in there, you are a SUPERMOM!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete