Monday, November 24, 2008

Update on Corynne

"Wow! She is amazing!"  That is all I have to say.  She is so independent and confident.  We checked into Children's South in B'ham at 7:20am this morning.  After we were assigned to our waiting room, Corynne went down to the playroom to hang out with the other kids until it was her turn to go back to the OR.  She made it very clear that I need NOT hang out with her.  "I am fine, Mom."  JM and I enjoyed getting plenty of time to catch up (3 hours to be exact)!  We discussed how this would be different if it was Tyler who would be so nervous that he would make himself sick kinda like his mother, or Lauren who would become the tiny baby for the attention or Lyndsey who would have us running up and down the halls until they placed the gas mask on her face!  God is good!
Corynne had no problems at all today.  Many thanks to all our prayer warriors who held her (and our family) up in prayer today across the country.  We are blessed to have so many who truly care for us and our children.  Corynne came home today very tired, but ready to greet people who stopped by.  We were so humbled by her teacher who drove into Montgomery on a day off to stop by and check on Corynne and bring her a gift.  She is a godly teacher who went above and beyond her "job", and Corynne so appreciated her.  And I must acknowledge Corynne's sweet friends who brought her a cookie cake and balloons.  She is blessed by sweet girlfriends.  Thank you Cami (and family) and Mary Phyfer and Francie (and mom)!  God is good!
I could not resist adding this photo!  I think Lauren has sympathy pains or a need for the attention!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment