Tuesday, November 11 - A big day for ME. I got a new Suburban! Big thanks to my sweet hubby for finding the great deal and setting up everything for me so that all I had to do was go sign and trade! It was so much fun! Tyler, Lauren and Lyndsey went with me to make the trade. Maybe I should have stayed around for the "new car briefing" because in 4 years, Chevy has moved things around quite a bit. Let's just say that I find out how things work hourly!
On Tuesday, JM took Corynne to the Children's Hospital ENT specialist. Her hearing has gotten worst, and we just gave up on the ENTs here. The recommendation was a new set of "long term tubes" and having her adenoids removed. He said this would not fix the problem, but it was a first step in the right direction. She has a lot of damage in her left ear (the one she does not hear) which will take time to repair and heal- possibly years. Needless to say, this left me very emotional for my sweet Corynne. God love her. She just greets everything with a smile and a "lets just be friends and be happy" attitude. She deserves to have no struggles!!!
Wednesday, November 12 - Having completed 2 kid holidays and a lot of fun, Wednesday arrived too fast! I have not finished my Bible study homework. I struggled getting dressed this morning because I just do not like going to class incomplete! I went. I sat silently and I learned what others studied last week. I feel so defeated, but that will make me work harder this next week. I WILL have my homework done next time!
After Bible study, I went straight to the gym for my next trainer visit. This is the 5th visit and I am physically exhausted. Today is my leg workout, so my prayer was that I could walk later this evening.
Thursday, November 13 - JM has always joked that I tract exactly how much he spends on chewing gum, cokes, and coffee each week. I can not help it! It is the accountant, type A in me! My computer crashed a few weeks ago. The computer with my "fancy" accounting software that is REALLY out of date(circa 1996). I have had a new MAC computer for a year now, but I have never switched my bookkeeping over to the MAC. It was just so much easier to keep going on the old software since it was not MAC compatible. Now I am 2 bank statements behind and stressing, because I was not able to print any of the reports from my old program to help me set up the new software. SO MUCH LOST! All of this to explain that I was at home all day today recreating the past. I still have a huge gap, and a lot of information to update and figure out before I can compile our tax return this year. BUT I have finally started. I just have to learn this new program over the next few months. BooWho:(
Friday, November 14 - I had so much fun this morning. I got a call from Tyler's room mom that the science/ss teacher needed help on Friday morning. I had to jump on this opportunity since Tyler is always fussing that I spend so much time at the girls school and never at his school. They were doing Indian weavings, so the activity was right up my alley! I had a great time with Tyler's class. Oh, here was the big shocker for the morning! The teacher told the parents (4 of us) to pick a table to help get started. I started walking over to the front table. A boy sitting next to Tyler said, "Mrs. Vermillion aren't you going to help our table." I looked at Tyler because I just assumed that this would be unacceptable to him. His attitude has always been you can come Mom, but do not talk to me and I will not acknowledge you. To my surprise, he looked up and said, "Come on Mom help us!" It was a great morning for me and my 5th grader. He actually told me, "Thanks for coming to help, Mom." I had to run out of the room before the tears started flowing, and I became the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad mom again!
Saturday, November 16th - The terrible mom returns. Tyler was late to his team tennis match this morning. Actually, it was just straight up 10am. There is no early check in for team tennis, so he was only late by his standard! I dropped him and Corynne off for their matches. It was a bit chilly to hang out with the little girls so I decided to go to Sam's for my weekly run that did not get done this past week.
The neglectful mom returns. I was a step away from the buggy and I see Lyndsey flipping out of the buggy. I dropped the items I had in my hand to grab her, but I was not fast enough. Her little head hit the ground. I was terrified, but she bounced up crying with a big red knot on her forehead. A remembered from Corynne's encounter with Tyler's bat 3 years ago, an immediate red knot is good! I remained calm and sent JM a text. We were already going to the hospital for lunch in an hour so he could check her out when we arrived! Did I mention that this is the second time she has done this?!? The first time was in the grocery store, and I caught her arm as she was flipping out. I saved her from the fall, but I was so sacred that I had broken her arm when I grabbed it and pulled up. No harm done :) Except for my handprint around her arm:( I can only pray that she will learn to sit still before she kills herself. She just can not be still. YES! YES! I buckle her into the cart tight each time, but she can squirm out of it in 2 seconds! This is probably why I only take her to the store except for emergency runs!
Now, you know what has been going on in our lives this week! It is never dull in a house of six!
I'm so glad to read about the week in review! As usual, a crazy, busy week. Yay for the new car, AWWWWWW, for Corrine's ears, Too sweet, for Tyler's class, and OH NO for the tumble from the cart! So glad that you had a good week. Miss you!
ReplyDelete