When you homeschool, you can do your reading wherever you want! Dress how ever you want! Lauren cracks me up, but I can not complain if she finishes her book ahead of the "schedule"! She has been reading Oliver Twist. She is excited that Dad is taking her to the Faulkner Dinner Theatre to see Oliver!! tonight. Hopefully, she will like the play more than she enjoyed the book!
Lyndsey has to dress up sometimes also! She is so excited because she gets her first reader next week. She is tired of sounding out lists of words. She is also learning how to alphabetize word lists. She thinks that is FUN!!! She is blowing through her math lessons also!
This week we started our Bible curriculum. We are studying the books of Genesis-Joshua using a combination of Veritas Press and Grapevine Studies. The first lesson is Creation. We completed a few mini books to save for a big lapbook later. Lauren taught us a song she remembered from 2nd grade to help Lyndsey remember the creation order. Lyndsey has not picked up on all the words yet, but I guarantee that after a few more days of singing it I will get a better video!
In Geography, we reviewed the continents and oceans and finished up an Introduction to Europe. We made a folder with Europe facts, explored our continent box that I created for Europe, made a windmill, and created our own Stonehenge.
Our windmill project and a few of the pieces from our continent box.
I quick Europe summary folder that I pulled from CurrClick. This was a fun, quick study of what is in Europe!

Had NO IDEA you were homeschooling! How fun! :)
ReplyDelete