The morning started out on a bad note when I was awoken at 4 am to crashing thunder and lightening. It was so LOUD! I never really went back to sleep because I was going to try to get to the 515 gravity class at my YMCA. That plan was totally flushed when JM got called to the OR and left the house at 430! Then, the continual thunder, lightening and heavy rain had everyone up and roaming soon after his departure. Oh, well. No gym time right now.
Plan B...get started on the to do list for the morning. I had pinned this recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago for a fake-it-frugal brownie mix. I do make brownies a lot for Ty's friends when they come over, so I decided to give it a shot. I, of course, doubled the recipe for each bag because I always make a 9x13 pan of brownies.
Praise the Lord for the rain! We needed it because our yard is very dry! It also freed up our whole morning and afternoon since tennis camp (for Corynne, Lauren, and Lyndsey) and tennis lessons and clinic for Tyler were all CANCELED!!! We have not had a nothing to do morning since...I don't remember when the last one was! What to do now...recruit kids for a quick house clean up and continue with the to do list!
It was time to restock JM's iced coffee. He was down to the last cup, and we can not have him heading to Starbucks!Next, I mixed the last batch of my homemade laundry detergent last week. I used the Duggar recipe and made a fresh 10 gallon batch which should last me approximately 5 months since I scoop out and dilute from this bulk container. Not bad since all I had to buy this round was a bar of Fels-Naptha soap for $1.
We continued our "school" lessons in Math, Phonics, Literature and Geography. We are learning about the continent Europe this week because London, England is there. Yes, we are still tying everything back to the Olympics!
Tomorrow we should be back on track with tennis camp and tennis lessons, and maybe I can get a few errands run while the kids are active!
All in all, this was a very relaxing, productive day! Yahoo!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment