Thursday, July 19, 2012

Art & Stuff

A few mornings this week Lauren and Lyndsey have been attending a "Go Green" Art Camp by our local Abbrakadoodle instructor.  They came home today with all their creations.  I think the one Lauren is holding is my favorite--a bird painted on sheet music.  Lyndsey did one also so I am not picking a FAVORITE kid!!! 
In the afternoons, we "officially" began school.  But we are taking a slow approach!  Only a few subjects this month.  Lyndsey and I are working on Reading and Math.  Lauren and I are working on Writing, Penmanship, Math and Reading.  Together we began Geography with a Me on the Map exercise that I pulled from Pinterest.
We also read a few of these books this week and started working on some mini projects to include in our England lapbook.
Why London, England, as a first stop for geography?  In 8 days,  a historical event will begin in London!  We are so excited for the Olympics to begin!  We will spend the next 2 weeks in London with an emphasis on the Olympics!  So there will be more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment