So I was being the very type A home accountant the other day and discovered that my wonderful, sweet, amazing, supportive, hard-working husband is spending an absolute FORTUNE on ICED COFFEE every week! I have always been the type to stretch a penny where I can so I can spend it somewhere else. I love to use coupons when I can, buy in bulk to save, and we EAT all our leftovers! When I saw how much he spends on coffee, I was in shock. A few days later, I came across this Perfect Iced Coffee recipe by The Pioneer Woman on Facebook. It is EASY. I bought Starbucks coffee on sale at Target and gave it a try. I figure that I am only out $8 if he doesn't like it. The Pioneer Woman website goes into a lot of detail with pictures and her humor, but basically you take this...
and it makes this much iced coffee...
She says that it will keep in the refrig for up to 3 weeks, but I don't know because all of this is gone within a week at our house. For reference, I do NOT drink coffee of any kind!!!! My hubby loves it. I think he drinks more iced coffee now than before. He says it is even better than at Starbucks. I don't know if I believe him, but I will keep making it every Friday since it saves us $175+ a month!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment