Corynne had a blast! They learned how to fill a bobbin, thread the needle, and how to sew a straight line. They started on a pillow case. Over the next few Saturdays, they will make a tote bag and pajama bottoms. When I arrived to pick her up, she looked up and asked me why I came early. I told her I was not early and the class time was up. She was shocked that 2 hours went by so fast. Time flies when you are doing something you enjoy!!!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Learning a new trade
My little craft queen has been wanting to learn how to sew. I found a lady who offers beginning sewing classes at Hancock Fabrics, and we signed her up. Yes, I know how to sew. Yes, I could have taught her. This is the easy way out I know! She took my sewing machine to class. I must admit it made me a little nervous to see her handle MY sewing machine. I had to take a step back and take a deep breath! Granted I DO NOT have a fancy machine. It is a bottom of the Brother line from 1995, but it has done everything I have asked it to do! Is she going to take care of my old machine?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment