On Saturday, we started doing a little Christmas decorating. JM helped put up the outside decorations. I think this may have been the first year (since we moved to AL) that he has actually helped with outside decor. I pulled the "I am pregnant card" -- a card that I have rarely ever pulled in the last thirteen years while being pregnant six times. Quite honestly, I am older and this pregnancy eats up all my extra energy (the energy that is left after chasing around 4 other kids)! Anyway, he did a great job!
While JM and Tyler were gone hunting, the girls and I put up the trees in their rooms. Actually, this year they did all the decorating themselves. I was able to walk away knowing that the trees were not perfect and it was OK.
Lyndsey's room with her growing angel/fairy collection and my classic pooh ornaments.
Lauren's room has the snowflake and snowflake collection that I started for her and Corynne years ago.

Corynne has the neon teenager tree. It is really quite cute and I love the colors, but it is not a tree I would normally decorate in my house. It matches her room perfectly!

On Sunday after church, the kids help hang the ornaments on the family tree. Everyone was really excited. Even Tyler had fun!
After the tree was decorated, we had to pose for a few pics. Oh, mom...
And then the dancing around the Christmas tree began...literally! The carols had been playing in the background for quite awhile and the kids could not hold off any longer!!!
Another year of fun memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment