Saturday morning, JM and Granddad drove Tyler to University of Montevallo for his state piano competition. There was no need for the rest of us to go since they play their pieces behind closed doors for a judge! They drove 1.5 hours for 10 minutes of piano time and then they drove back!! FUN!!
We all ate lunch together and enjoyed a little down time at the house before it was time to dress for the girls dance recital!
My ballerinas...
Baby won't u drive my car...
Yes, I'm gonna b a star...
Girls just want to have fun...
BIG thanks to Dad for the pictures! Didn't he do a great job photographing the girls!!!!
Last stop for Saturday night was the AUM Majors Home Run Derby. It was suppose to start at 7:30 but was delayed for a few reasons. Anyway, it was 8:45 before the majors began so it was just Mom and Dad at the ball park watching Tyler! Hey!!! Tyler did a great job! He ended up in a hit off for 3rd place, but fell short and ended up 5th out of approximately 25 boys! Since he has only hit 1 official home run and all the other boys that beat him have scored 2-9 this season, he did great and was very happy for 5th place (even though he did not get a trophy)!
Batter, Batter, Swing!
The top 5! 3 of which are on Tyler's team, the Braves!
Sunday morning brought us early LCBF class and service at VF Church. We hosted a big brisket luncheon at our house for fellow classmates who are moving to Germany in a few weeks. My mom helped me season the brisket on Saturday night, and she was in charge of prepping it for service! I took care of the extra things like salads, veggies, and drinks. Oh, and I dished out orders to kids and JM to make sure tables were set and little things were taken care of. It was a wonderful time of fellowship! I think there were 20-25 adults and 14 kids in and out of our house! Wow!! I love it when we get open up our house and serve others!!!
Whew...I am tired!
Okay, I'm tired just reading it. Sounds like fun, but a lot to get done! The girls are beautiful and yay T for the homerun!
ReplyDelete