Thursday, May 7, 2009

Montgomery Flood Update

It has been a scary morning here in Montgomery.  The rains that started earlier this week have continued into the night and all morning.  Streets are washed out, one person has died, and many homes and churches are flooded.  I have never seen so much water!  At noon, I left the house to go pick up Corynne from school and I was thankful for a big vehicle.  To get out of the neighborhood, I went through water half way up my tire.  To get on I-85, the water almost covered the wheels.  I was scared to death.  The little girls and I prayed for our safety and the safety of everyone on the road around us continually.  God protected us from the many wrecks and stalled vehicles on the roads.  Thank you!  After consulting JM, I decided to go ahead and pull Tyler out for the rest of the day so I did not have to get out in this mess again.  By the time we made it back home (over 1.5 hours later), the rain had stopped and the water was starting to recede in places.  The inside of our house was saved from this disaster, but my prayers go out to the many friends who were not so fortunate today.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see that you are ok. After we got off the phone, I prayed for you. Thanks for updating!

    ReplyDelete