We celebrated Cinco de Mayo tonight at the Vermillion house! I guess I had to little to much free time this morning, so Lyndsey and I ran to the party store for decorations. Then it was a trip to the grocery store for a few essentials. It was worth the effort! The kids enjoyed the dinner and decor. We all had a fun time.
I had planned an baking a Mrs. Smith's apple pie for dessert, but Tyler came home talking about fried ice cream. He told me his recipe he learned at school today. I said sure we can try that!! (I looked it up on the foodnetwork.com first.) It was easy and tasted great, but the grease smell in the house is about to make me gag! Next time - if there is a next time-- we are frying ice cream OUTSIDE!!!
You are an awesome Mom! I wish I had thought of this, but it's going in the "file" for next year!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, Supermom! It looks like the kids had a great time. I've never made fried ice cream before...sounds like fun.
ReplyDelete