Actually, JM had set up plans for he and Tyler to go hunting this afternoon with the same friends from a few weeks ago. This time he was taking Tyler out of school by 11 am, so they could have a full afternoon of "hunting". I think that I agree with JM's PA who calls it "killing time" since JM and his accomplice at the event never seem to come home with the killed prey! They do always have a good time, and Tyler and Dad needed the quality time together. Tyler ended up sleeping over with the new friends, and he had a great time. His ability to make friends so fast gave JM and I reassurance for the future!
The boys all ended up going back out on Saturday afternoon. They came home with a few stories about actually seeing 2 deer. Tyler apparently shot at them, but missed. He makes the story sound much better when he tells it with all the details, but the bottom line is the title of my story "killing time". (JM's editorial comment - they were both 200 yard shots!)
Ok, be honest, aren't you glad they came home empty handed? I can't see you being thrilled with fresh kill for dinner. Looks like they had fun though.
ReplyDeleteWild game Dinner at church at the end of the month would have been my saving grace!!!
ReplyDelete