JM was gone to a "learn a new method meeting" Thursday-Saturday. Even though he is not around much during the week, he does usually take the big kids to school at least 3 mornings a week. Such a little thing, but it does help me get in an early morning workout and get the day organized. Earlier this week, he had quite a few meetings at the hospital early in the morning and late at night so that kept him away from us even more.
By Friday, we were really missing him, and I was exhausted! Good thing it was Chick-fil-A supports your school night! I really enjoy this easy "fundraiser". All I have to do is take my kids to eat supper at the right location! The kids love it also because their friends are there. Everyone has a good friend to play with and I have plenty of moms to chat with while they play! Friday night entertainment...DONE!
Saturday was another day of basketball games. Of course, the games were so spread out that it consumed our whole day (8:30-4:15). Lauren's team played hard, but lost. Corynne's team played hard, but lost. Tyler's team battled until the very end, but lost. Everyone lost, but everyone was happy because they played hard and did their best. Wow! Maybe they are catching on to this sportsmanship thing?!? Only time will tell. Oh, I have to brag a little - Corynne scored 8 points and Tyler scored 16 of the 28 points for his team.
JM got back at 7:30pm. The kids were excited to see him. Corynne - in typical Corynne style - did not even realize JM was out of town. She thought he was just at work, coming home late and leaving early. Everyone just laughed because so many times that is the case over a weeks time! Oh, the life of a trauma wife! Only a few can really understand!
No comments:
Post a Comment