To fill the rest of our time, I signed up for many of the homeschool group field trips that were being offered. Our first stop was Tucker Pecan on May 9th. We learned many pecan facts, and we learned how the cracking & shelling machines worked.
The girls with 2 different kinds of scales...
....yep, I bet that is a Kindergarten math lesson in some book!
The girls had a great time at the tour. Oh, yes, we eat many samples of the spiced and flavored pecans. I bet that is a Kindergarten/Pre-School Senses activity! Homeschool without the books is so much fun!
After the tour, we went to the other side of town just to ride the Trolley. Why? Why not?!?!We listened to half of the Montgomery History while riding the trolley. (Note to self...need to do this again while we study Alabama History!)
We jumped off the trolley at a local hotdog joint that is a Montgomery Legend! Chris' Hotdogs...
Dad met us there with Colleen for lunch. Yummy!
On May 14th, we joined the homeschool group again at Earth Fair.
The girls followed the Community Outreach Lady around the store and learned why certain things make the shelves at Earth Fair.
There was plenty of sampling of the organic foods...
Someone did not like dried okra. I did like it!
Our snack purchases...
No comments:
Post a Comment