Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gone to the Lake!

On Saturday morning we loaded up (and that is no small task with 4 kids and a dog) and headed to the lake.  We were so excited to get out there since it has been almost 2 months!  We had a great time!  Here are a few of our memories...

JM bought a new boat about 6 weeks ago.  He took it up to the marina a few weeks ago, but the kids and I really had never seen it!  Apparently, I did not have a good "ahh factor" when I saw the boat!  He was a little disappointed by my reaction!  
As I mentioned, we have not been up to the lake since Valentine's Day!  We did have a few visitors move in while we were gone.  They were little visitors of the RODENT species.  I am not fond of these little creatures.  In fact, I have a phobia of them and all I can seem to do is scream, shake and run!!!  When we arrived on Saturday morning, I knew they were there!  They left me signs (droppings) and they ate a throw left on the chair in the living room.  Needless to say, I was on edge!!!  Right before the kids bed time, I sat down in another chair in the living room for a few moments when what to my wandering eyes should appear....a mouse on the couch.  I screamed LOUDLY!!!!!  JM came to the rescue and the pursuit began!  JM, Tyler and Corynne did corner, capture, and toss the creature!  Yeah, I might be able to sleep tonight!  (Oh, I know.  You do not have to remind me!  There is never just ONE!)

Therefore, JM put out the traps that we purchased.  I think we need more, but this is a start!
On Sunday morning, the kids slept late!  JM and Lauren were excited to find one of the traps that they set last night had worked!  Wow!  I am glad they find that fun...I am still shaking and no I did not sleep last night!  After breakfast, everyone played a game of ball outside while I cleaned up.
We try to do some kind of nature craft each time we go to the lake.  The girls love crafts and we definately can find plenty of nature items to work with!  This time the girls wanted to make bird feeders out of pine cones.  Easy enough!  
Tyler and Sadie even enjoyed this project!

After "craft time" as Tyler calls it, we headed out in the boat.  We  discovered a place on the lake that was fun for the kids.  It was a beautiful rock waterfall.  The water was clear and shallow.  The kids had fun for a couple of hours.  They all met friends their age to play with and Tyler found plenty of friends to climb to the top of the waterfall with him.  It was beautiful, peaceful, and cool!

Another favorite thing for this weekend was riding in the tube! 
This is a picture that scares me...she is going to be big trouble!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooooh, mice, how fun. I know you loved it. The only thing better in your book is roaches in the middle of a "rustic" cabin! The boat looks great and the tube even more fun! (Don't you hate when you don't give the right reaction?) The kids look like they had a great time. You need to get out there more often. I would LOVE to see the lake house...hint, hint, hint...maybe soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that last picture SHOULD scare you! how is it that our little girls just KNOW how to pose like that when we mommas never show them how on purpose? it blows my mind! (emmy is my poser/model/too-grown-up-for-me girl)

    ReplyDelete