Friday, May 23, 2014

Apples for A

Somewhere around November, my preschool student dropped out of school!  Okay, I cannot blame it on the student.  I take full credit for becoming bogged down in EVERYTHING!!!  Colleen became best friend with the iPad during school time, and she was not playing learning apps!  As things started winding down for the other homeschoolers, I started regrouping and reorganizing preschool.  Step 1 was to move her stuff out of the walk-through to our bedroom.  Even though it seemed convenient right outside the big girls school room, the space was too small and I did not like to sit down with her at her table.  I felt trapped!!  With a little re-arranging, Colleen now has her own school area in the vestibule.  It is so much more inviting, and Colleen is ready every morning to have school.  She is keeping me on track!  We started over on Letter A this week.  Just to review and get back into the swing of school for her.

We start the day with singing a few songs that she should really know by know if she were a 1st child--you know like the ABCs, months of the year, and days of the week!   Then she is adding a bead to our "How many days have we been in school?" chains.
 
We are using a variety of materials.  We are making a Letter Folder each week.  I got this idea from Pinterest of course!  We are working on the sounds of letters using All About Reading Pre-Reading Set.  The Mailbox Letter of the Week has some cute reinforcement activities.  Colleen is enjoying having her own workbooks to use also.  She has My First School Book, Get Ready for The Code A, and Spectrum Learning Letters that she works in everyday.

 We are working on numbers and counting also.  Colleen's new favorite game is Hi-Ho Cherry-O!  She is also getting a little iPad time while we are in the car going to big kid activities.
Week 1 down and we are having fun together.  It helps when I am not focused on making sure the big kids are completing there school work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment