Wednesday, May 14, 2014

AWANAs Ceremony

Were are the Vermillions on Wednesday night?  We busy in the AWANAS program at Gateway Baptist Church!  The girls love AWANA Wednesdays, and I enjoy watching them hide more scripture in their hearts.  AWANAS is an awesome scripture memory program for kids ages 3 to sixth grade at our church.   Colleen was in Cubbies this year.  She loved her teachers, and she hide away many verses for the future.  She completed her 1st cubbies book.  She received a little end-of-year award (cup of candy which she quickly ate before mom could take it away!) at the ceremony!
I worked with Lyndsey's age group, the Sparks.  They are a fun, energetic group of kids!  25+ every week from 6-8pm!!!  Lyndsey rocks at memorizing scripture!  She completed her book and review flip-book by February.  Then, Mrs. Buffy kept her busy TruthScripts.  TruthScripts is also an AWANAS program, but it focuses on memorizing passages of scripture at a time.  She completed 4 TruthScripts this year!
Lauren completed her second year of T&T (Truth& Training).  She received her award trophy tonight. As an extra award for completing a book in T&T, the T&T teachers let the girl prepare a bucket of "stuff" to pour on the T&T teacher of their choice.  Lauren chose to dump her bucket on Mrs. Shannon.  I am so sorry!!!!

The girls came home tonight with quite an accumulation of awards!  I am so proud of their hard work and dragging me to church some Wednesday nights!!!
They really do love each other....sometimes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment