I must admit that I was very skeptical when the weather forecast said snow for Tuesday. Then the public school announced closures for Tuesday and Wednesday, and I rolled my eyes. They cancelled for the "Coldamageddon" earlier this month. Seriously! When the 2 private schools that my older kids go to said they would have early release, I was a still a little skeptical. Well, at least my kids will be home before the streets get nasty was my thought! By 9:30am on Tuesday, I wanted my kids home immediately. It was already sleeting, and everyone knows that the southerners do not know how to drive in the ice! Both kids had rides with friends to get home, I was anxious and praying that they would get SAFELY home. By noon and after lunch, there was no luring my homeschoolers back to the classroom! They were waiting on the snow! Finally, about 4:30 we saw the first snowflakes, Dad was finally home, and there was no holding them inside any longer!
It was a layer of ice! Ice on everything! The grass was CRUNCHY, but we found the fun! Leaf skeletons was one of their favorite things to gracefully remove!
Insert a game of table tennis because we do not have a Snowamageddon Champion yet! This is really not normal...it really cannot be normal...who does this when it is 24degrees outside?
The snow came softly! The kids were amazed at the beauty of each flake!
Corynne built a snowman. Well, actually it is an iceman. He was less than 6 inches tall!
Pictures in our little snow accumulation before we roll and play in it!!!
Playing in the cold. Tyler always brings things up a level!
After everyone had played enough, we came inside to the roaring fire. So thankful that we got the gas logs installed this year.
We made Snowcream after dinner tonight!! It was so much fun! It was a new experience for all of us since JM and I had never had Snowcream either! Yummy!
Best of all, the snow was still there when we woke up!
More outside, winter fun this morning!
This beautiful little one had so much fun in the snow!







No comments:
Post a Comment