This year the girls decided to participate in the Reading Fair. This stuff is all so new to me even in our second year of homeschool. What would we do without the internet to visually explain to me what "reading fair poster" means. I just need visuals not words! Anyway, the girls read the Addy Series together over the Christmas holidays to finish our Civil War history unit. Lauren chose to do
Meet Addy for her poster. Lyndsey and I had originally chose to read
Charlotte's Web over the holidays, but I got sick and then we forgot to take the book on our trip to Arizona so we had to change to something quicker. She chose
Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower. She had never read any of the Amelia Bedelia books, and she quickly became hooked. She has read all the ones we could find in our house, and we have bought a few more. She loves Amelia Bedelia...maybe they are too much alike!
Lyndsey was so excited come Reading Fair day. She woke up and I found her searching the house for costume pieces. She found the perfect clothes, and she played the part!
Every reading fair participant received a book for their efforts. Lyndsey received Curious George Builds an Igloo. She read the book on the way home, and she was determined to build an igloo like the directions at the end of the book. I modified the directions...we built with sugar cubes and icing. She had fun building the igloo over the weekend. She could not wait to put in the "keystone" on Sunday afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment