Even though I make the lesson plans, sometimes I really don't realize what is ending and beginning because we are just learning. This was a BIG week for us!
Our Bible curriculum for this year covers Genesis-Judges. We have fallen behind because we took a break from this study in December to study "The Jessie Tree". We have also had a few weeks of no new material weeks and just reviewed all the stories we have studied so that we can accurately form a timeline. Needless to say, we are not going to be able to finish through Judges. I was beginning to wonder if we were going to finish Genesis. Then Monday I realized that this weeks material took us to the end of Genesis! WOW! I felt a sense of accomplishment on Monday!!! The girls enjoyed finishing our Patriarch lapbook, and I will post pictures of that soon.
I knew we were going to wrap up our Colonial Study this week. We have been pressing hard to finish this unit for 2 weeks. Yea! It is complete, and the girls finished putting together their lapbooks today. When we pulled out on the things we had made, the girls just kept saying that was a long time ago! Ouch, that hurts! Yes, some of it goes back to November when we started the Colonial Study. We did celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas in the middle of the unit! Actually, the unit started with Jamestown but none of that was included in the lapbook!
We also started studying the brain this week in Science, and each new unit brings exciting new things to do and learn.
Now if we could get caught up on Cooking Through the USA we will be on a roll! We are just 4 states behind. That's not too bad????? But it will be 5 if we don't turn on the stove next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment