Dad is leaving tomorrow for Texas because his Granddad passed last weekend. He is going to miss the big Minute-to-Win-It party on Friday night. I decided at the last minute to try to pull together a little surprise family party for her tonight. Problem--don't decide to do this at 3pm on a Wednesday night! I continued with our jam packed Wednesday schedule and I texted my Awanas leader that I would be a little late but there in time to lead my little group! I dropped the kids off at church, and I quickly ran to GiGi's cupcakes and hid them in the back of the car under all those tennis bags and swimming bags!
When we got home from church, I ordered the kids to shower, get ready for bed, and then we were having a quick family meeting in the living room. While they were busy, I prepared the "treasure" hunt and gift!
She thought this was her gift, but it was only a clue!
The cupcakes were the first real gift she found!
Then, she found the raquet she had been wanting for quite awhile!
I cannot believe she is going to be 13 in 3 days! She is the sweetest gift God has given me--even sweeter than GiGi's Cupcakes!
No comments:
Post a Comment