Thursday, February 14, 2013

Confession Time

Many years ago in a ladies Bible study (maybe even my FBC-Temple years or it could have been BSF in the last 6 years--it all runs together in my mind), I was convicted of not giving others the opportunity to use the talents God gave them.  This conviction plays over in my mind everytime I choose to conquer the world on my own.  For my Type A personality, this happens quite often.  The bottom line is I love to plan, craft, create, and do.  Give me a party to plan, a team/class to organize, or a room to decorate and I will run with the task.  I have tried to delegate tasks over the years when others offer to help, but it is hard to let go!  Then things are not exactly as I pictured them in my head, so I am frustrated and disappointed.  Yes, I know I am a control-freak.  I know I can't do everything, but the SuperWoman in me wants perfection!

As we are moving into the spring school tennis season, I am looking at the 2 SEPARATE school tennis teams that my oldest kids will play on and wonder how this is going to work.  Last year, I stepped up and took over as the team mom for Tyler's school team which required a lot of time and work.  His school tennis coach--well, God loves him!  He is a good man, but the boys and parents sometimes wonder when he is going to get it together!!!!  Now, JM is coaching the NEW tennis team at Corynne's school.  I feel the need to keep him organized for this first season!  He is a great big picture organizer, but he does not do details.  A parent of one of the girls on Corynne's team offered to help--be the team mom.   I said, "that would be great."  Inside, the type A me was melting.  I reluctantly handed over the information yesterday afternoon.

WOW!  By noon today, this mom had typed up the team rooster, organized the team snacks, and was working on getting the group text set up for updates.  The amazing part is that I had a mental picture (as I always do) of how I wanted it to be done which I did not convey to her.  She read my mind...down to the statement she wrote by State Tournament on the snack schedule!  I love it when God shows me up!

"Haha, Misty!  I can use others to do a better job than you and I am faster!!!"-your heavenly Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment