Monday, October 22, 2012

We begin this week with a big BANG!

I had big plans (like always) to start this week off with an intense Monday of homeschool!  We got up and moving fast!  We really like to tackle our weeks work in four day, so that on Friday we can take it easy!  I decided to take Colleen to early room this morning.  I was only home for a few minutes when the phone rang.  Now, most of the time during "school hours" I look at the caller ID and let voicemail take the call.  I looked at the ID and saw it was the preschool.  It was the director and my heart sank as she continued to tell me that I needed to come get Colleen because she needs stitches.  Well, I do NOT do blood and my husband does stitches!  I called Dr. Dad and we decided that he was closer and would go get her and take her back to his office for stitches.  I would just meet them at his office.

Colleen was a brave little girl.  We decided she just wanted to even things up this year since it was back in January that she got stitches on the left side of her head!  Again, Dad stitched the girl without any pain/numbing meds.  He tells me the needle for the meds is more traumatic than the stitches.  I don't know if I agree!  Her screams ripped through my heart and brought tears to my eyes and I was not even in the room!!!  She came out of the room with a pocket full of candy, a smile, and a big hug for Mom!
I think we will go home and just cuddle for the rest of the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment