Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Life with just a Kindergartener

While JM and Lauren were in Chicago on their "field trip", I just had one little student at home with me.  We decided to have 2 Kindergarten FUN DAYS!  
...DAY 1...
Lyndsey was excited that we started the day by watching the movie Tangled.  I pulled a few activities from this preschool pack.  She did a sequencing activity after the movie, rolled a die to work on graphing, and worked a few puzzles.  She remembered that we had a Tangled game on the ipad, and she followed the steps it gave to make a princess crown.  She also remembered that we had a Build-A-Bear dress just like in Tangled, so she of course carried that around all day!

...DAY 2...
Today, we decided to go to the zoo!  Well, I had planned this weeks ago and today it is kinda rainy!  We stuck with our plan, and we did not get rained on too much!!!
Our trip to the zoo was like no other trip before!  Lyndsey discovered the signs at the zoo.  She was amazed that the animals were from 5 of the continents.  Our geography study of the 7 continents just came to life for her!!!
There was also a few new exhibits at the zoo.  I still can not believe she feed these birds and let them perch on her hand!
Lyndsey also kept tally marks of how many different animals she saw.  Then we went home and made a graph with her tally sheet.
Colleen was excited to find her favorite animal, the jaguar!!  Dora's cousin, Diego, has a huge influence over her!!

We found a Baylor Black Bear to go with our Baylor rain jackets!
No trip to the Zoo would be complete without a train ride!!!!
Another new exhibit--Feed the giraffes!
This afternoon while Colleen took a nap, Lyndsey worked on a Zoo lapbook full of counting and classifying activities!
 I found this Barrel of Monkeys game at the zoo store.  It was one of the favorites to play at my babysitters house when I was younger.  Lyndsey thought the game was fun, and she kept working at it until she could lift the entire barrel of monkeys up all linked together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment