Monday, October 15, 2012

Anatomy Lapbook -Part A

As I have said before, picking a history and science curriculum for 4th grade (and K) was the hardest part of deciding to homeschool!  I do not like these subjects, but I do not want to prejudge the girls against them.  I know other people like these subjects, including Dr. Dad, so I definitely what them to have fun with the subjects.  I chose Apologia for our science curriculum.  I liked how they presented a topic for the entire year instead of just brushing over 10 different topics just like Lauren has done for 3 years.  This year we (or I) chose to dive deeper into Anatomy.  We have covered 3 chapters which included the intro to Anatomy, cells, skeletal system and muscular system.  We have done many experiments and projects which I have also blogged about.  The girls each have their own Notebooking Journal that goes along with the book.  Each of the foldables goes along with a section in each chapter. These foldables have helped Lauren understand/memorize information without her realizing it!  Here is our lapbook for the first 3 chapters.

Chapter 1-Intro & Cells
Chapter 2 Skeletal System

Chapter 3- Muscular System
Learning is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment