I admit that I love a reason to celebrate with a theme, but I have never even recognized Columbus Day as anything more than an extended weekend! With the introduction of Pinterest into my life, reading some awesome blogs by homeschooling mamas, and studying New World Explorers as the girls history curriculum, I felt the need to emphasize Columbus Day this year. The girls completed these lapbooks with the help of my student teacher, Corynne, this weekend. They worked on these books while we were at a tennis tournament in Mississippi.
Cover
Folder 1
Folder 2
It is amazing how much can be accomplished when you are in a hotel room waiting on your brother to play a tennis match in the freezing weather!
We got home from the tennis match late on Sunday, so we had a relaxing day at home on Monday went to the Alabama national fair for most of the day on Monday!
Tonight we brewed some Chocolate Caliente to sip as we looked at the stars!
We read some books about Stargazing and The Big Dipper. Living in the city, the stars were few and far between!
No comments:
Post a Comment