Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Family fun---on a school night?!


After dropping the big kids off at school, Lyndsey asked for the hundredth time "you going to take me to school now Mommy".  When we got home today, I cut up 23 strips and taught her how to make a "bracelet" chain.  She made it all by herself!  She did stop a few times and tell me she did not want to add anymore, but I told her she had to make them all!!
Now we have a countdown until her 1st day of preschool.  Little does she know that it is also a countdown til her birthday!  Her school starts the Wednesday after Labor Day which is September 8th, her birthday!  We are not sharing the birthday part with her because we are not having a party until mid October.   SHE WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND THAT AT ALL!!!!!!

The kids wanted to go swimming this evening, and I am all for bringing back the summer fun!!  We decided to let Colleen try the pool for the 1st time.  We have never even tried putting her in the pool because she SCREAMS when we give her baths!  
Colleen enjoyed her short dip in the pool.  Sorry--I didn't put on her swim suit because I really didn't think she would like it enough to justify the effort!!!
The kids were so excited to have her in the pool.  It was really a little overwhelming!!!
She likes it! She likes it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment