It all started with a phone call today at 8:35am. I glance at caller ID as I am answering the phone, it is "Trinity Presby". I felt that sinking feeling coming on...what now!? I think this because last night Lyndsey threw up all over my car. I am only hoping Tyler is not calling home because he is sick.
"Hi. My name is ***** and I am the guidance counselor at Trinity." Ok. At this point, I started to relax!
She was calling concerning a mailing that had been returned to the school, and she thought we would want to know about the information ASAP. Tyler has been named to the Duke TiP list. I said ok, and I will come get the info.
What does this prove? Tyler has been blessed with his Dad's test taking skills, and his Uncle Michael's attitude for school work (it is a waste of my time)! There is hope for the school work since Michael decided to get serious when he went to college!!
Reward for such an honor: Tyler GETS to take the SAT/ACT in a few months! Whoo-who!!
We told Tyler about the "opportunity" at dinner tonight. His response: "Do I have to do it? I don't want to take a test that is designed for 11th & 12th graders." JM tried to explain the benefits and future possiblities it will open up for National Merit Scholarships. Tyler: "Are any of my friends going to do this?" Me: I have no clue, and that is not important since the test is on a Saturday. You will not miss any school. I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment