Wednesday, January 20, 2010

House Renovation Updates

It has been really slow over at the "broken house" (as my 3 yr old calls it now). Rain and the extreme cold have delayed the progress quite a bit. Two weeks ago they were able to get the foundation for the addition poured between the rain bursts. They were actually not able to pour all the cement because of an unusual problem -- the cement factory was frozen! Anyway, now that the temperatures are rising things are progressing in the back yard.

Our backyard went from a series of carports to barren land at the first demo stage.
Now, our new master suite is being framed.
And all of the construction has been visible from a major street here in Montgomery. Our neighbors-to-be were not to happy when we tore down an old falling down wood fence and exposed the sweet community to THE PUBLIC . We kept telling them we were going to built another fence. And finally, the work on the cement block wall has begun. This picture was taken at 11:30 Tuesday, and they had just started that morning. I am anxious to get back by there ASAP to see the wall in place. I do not understand why they dug down so deep to start building the wall. Seriously, the ditch those men are standing in is approximately 4+ feet deep. I guess it is a stability issue -- I am sure the contractor understands why and I cannot wait to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment