I know it has been a long time since I updated, but we have been sick and very busy! After our very busy Valentine's Day, we loaded up and went out to the lake house for the rest of the long weekend. I think everyone had a great time, but in all honesty I have no clue because I was in the bed with a high fever and coughing up my lungs. I managed to get out of bed a few times to cook meals for JM and the kids. That is one of the disadvantages of going out to the lake. If we were in town, I would have told them to go get yourself something to eat!







Tyler had been saving his Christmas money to purchase a shot gun. JM did take him on Sunday to make his purchase. I am not a "gun lover" so this did make me a little nervous. Tyler was very proud of his purchase. Dad also got a pellet gun and targets which provided hours of entertainment for the kids over the weekend.
February 20-22
This weekend was a little different for us! I took Tyler to a tennis tournament in Tuscaloosa. Tyler did not do very well at the tournament, but we did have fun together. We got to go see a few of the Eastwood Warriors (the girls' school) basketball games. They were playing in the ACEAA state tournament in Tuscaloosa. The varsity girls team won there division and are now the STATE CHAMPIONS! The boys played a nail-biting game but came up short in the end 45-41. We had a great time watching the games with church friends!
John Mark stayed home with the girls (with a lot of help from Ms. Roberta and Ms. Dot)! JM and Corynne went quail hunting on Saturday morning. Corynne shot 2 quail, and Dad shot 5! They went with a few guys from JM work. The man standing next to him is his new PA Patrick (technically not new since he has been here a year now)! They had a wonderful father/daughter hunting experience.
JM also gathered the girls, balloons and confetti and went up to meet the bus of Eastwood basketball players when they rolled back into town. Lyndsey could not wait to get on the bus. Corynne was excited to see a few of her 3rd grade friends to play with. Lauren perfected the game of let the cute little boy chase you. (Reel him in and run away. Reel him in and run away.) Oh boy, she is going to be a real pill in the teenage years. They had fun at the surprise celebration on the Eastwood parking lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment