Lauren's Kindergarten class celebrated Pioneer Day today. In preparation for the day, they had seen a few episodes of Little House! I think that was one of my favorite shows growing up, but my kids do not seem to enjoy it as much as I do! Pioneer Day was a fun day for the kids complete with games, johnny cakes, and a one room school house. I left Bible Study a little early today so that I could go see some of the fun at ECS. I arrived just in time for the one room school class. The fifth graders participated with the Kindergarten today. I hear that they helped with the games and food before I got to the festivities, but I saw them leading and participating in the school room. First they had a spelling bee which made the parents a little nervous for our kids. They passed with flying colors. They spelled words like cat, dog, log, the, and dad. Sounds easy for us, but for 5 year-olds standing in front of their peers, 5th graders, teachers, and parents it was a HUGE accomplishment! Next they had a math and reading lesson. It was really cute to see them with their slates! After school, they got to go outside for a snack and playtime. Lauren had a blast, and she could not wait to tell everyone about being a pioneer!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Pioneer Day
Lauren's Kindergarten class celebrated Pioneer Day today. In preparation for the day, they had seen a few episodes of Little House! I think that was one of my favorite shows growing up, but my kids do not seem to enjoy it as much as I do! Pioneer Day was a fun day for the kids complete with games, johnny cakes, and a one room school house. I left Bible Study a little early today so that I could go see some of the fun at ECS. I arrived just in time for the one room school class. The fifth graders participated with the Kindergarten today. I hear that they helped with the games and food before I got to the festivities, but I saw them leading and participating in the school room. First they had a spelling bee which made the parents a little nervous for our kids. They passed with flying colors. They spelled words like cat, dog, log, the, and dad. Sounds easy for us, but for 5 year-olds standing in front of their peers, 5th graders, teachers, and parents it was a HUGE accomplishment! Next they had a math and reading lesson. It was really cute to see them with their slates! After school, they got to go outside for a snack and playtime. Lauren had a blast, and she could not wait to tell everyone about being a pioneer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment