Monday, June 30, 2014

June Happenings

June 1st
Where did May go?  I cannot believe we have come to June 1st already.  Today we dropped off Lauren at the University of Alabama Roll Tide Swim Camp.  This is her 2nd year to go to Swim Camp. 
June 4th
While Lauren was at swim camp, Colleen, Lyndsey and I went to get haircuts.  I took Colleen in to get a trim, but she insisted that she wanted short hair.  We ended up getting 5 inches cut off, and it looks SO MUCH BETTER!!! Why didn't we do this sooner!?!
June 6th
Today we picked Lauren up from swim camp and began our drive to Texas to visit grandparents.  It was also National Doughnut Day, so we HAD to stop by KrispyKreme for our free doughnut!
June 13-16th
From JM Facebook post on 6/14, "Our tennis travels over the past year have taken us to Mobile, AL, Jackson, MS, Louisville, KY, Rome, GA, and Charleston, SC, not to mention all the Alabama tournaments.  All these travels with the goal of qualifying for the Southern Closed in Little Rock, AR.  Congratulations Tyler Vermillion.  Play hard and have fun...you've earned it!"  
JM took Tyler to the Southern closed in Little Rock this weekend.  It was a fun experience where the players are treated like pros for the weekend!  Tyler had a great time, and he played some great tennis against the BEST in the SOUTH!
Week of June 16th
The World Cup is on the TV ALL THE TIME.  These kids are so like their dad!  During the breaks, they had their own soccer challenge in the back yard!!!
We told Tyler he had to have a job this summer!  He applied for a job at Chick-fil-A, he has done the video based training, and now he is waiting to get his uniform so he can go through the on-the-job training.  In the meantime, he has a job as my personal errand and project boy!  He spent Tuesday running errands all over town for me.  I cannot explain how awesome it feels to actually complete a to do list in 1 day!  I did it with his help!!!  Wednesday I assigned him this project from Pinterest!  He was less than thrilled.
I think he surprised us both! The directions on her website give specific directions on what to buy and what cuts to make.  Easy as ABC!  It did take him more than 30 minutes (about an hour), but he built it!  This will be put to good use as a sand table-waterbead box-sensory bin for Colleen!  The cool part is is pulls apart and the pieces can be stored in the crate when not in use.  I did not add up my 2 receipts, but I know it was not over $30 which makes it even better!
 June 28th
Colleen and I took Tyler to another tennis tournament in Gulfport, MS, this weekend.  After Tyler's matches, Colleen and I enjoyed a little beach and pool time!  Don't be fooled by the picture of her sitting still at the tennis match!  I barely got the picture taken before she jumped up and started playing, jumping, climbing, and causing chaos!!!
June 29th
I think we can count on 1 hand the number of days in June when we were all in the same place at the same time.  Today was family fun day!  After church, we ate lunch and went bowling.  We all had a great time celebrating us and finishing off a very busy month!

No comments:

Post a Comment