Thursday, July 3, 2014

Eggs and Elephants...Letter E

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall...
Yes, we sang this nursery rhyme all week!  It was so much fun!  Colleen's letter D lapbook this week was partly from Homeschool share again, but I added an Elsa puzzle, and the elephant is from The Mailbox Letter of the Week book.
As we are moving closer to the big kids starting school again, I am trying to set Colleen up for preschool success this year.  i need her to be able to work independently for some parts of the day so I can teach history, science, grammar and math!  this is where we failed last year, and she watched the iPad for HOURS!!!  We are working on the concept of centers.  Most of the activities are ones that we have worked on before together, and she is repeating them on her own. I set up 3-5 centers at a time for her to work through.  When she completes the center, she can take the star and put it on the "Reach for the Stars" chart.  After she has all the stars for the day, she can get a reward like iPad time or a special game that she loves.



No comments:

Post a Comment