Saturday, December 22, 2012

Eventful Day

Somedays do you just want to throw in the towel?????  Today was one of those days!  I had a few holiday traditions that I needed to mark of the list...take picture with Santa and start my Christmas shopping (please don't laugh).  I had warned kids of my plan.  I told Tyler we would be at the mall early (before his friends were up on a Saturday!). 

Maybe I should back up a few days...I decided that Thursday was Colleen's last day with diapers and paci.  Yes, that is where I should have started!!  Because today is Day 3 and Colleen woke up with the "Oh, no!  You are trying to change me, and I am not going to do this anymore attitude!"  She woke up with a dry pull-up and a huge tummy, so what would any potty training parent do?  Yes, I insisted she go potty before she had an accident in her panties.  Well, that was mistake #1.  Mistake #2 was bringing JM into the drama because then the scene just escalated!!!  After an hour, Little Miss decided to just go on the bathroom floor because that way she had not given in to us!  Geeezzzz!!!!

In all the morning drama, I failed to get breakfast fixed.  That's ok because I needed a doughnut at this point to continue with my plans!!!  
We got to the mall in time to be 2nd in line.  Santa came strolling in on a wheelchair, and Tyler was in complete teenage mode at this point as I was trying to keep the girls distracted and looking at me.  Can this day get any harder?
The photo turned out pretty good.  It is hard to get perfect with 5 kids!  
Next, the older kids wanted to finish their Christmas shopping; and the younger kids wanted to ride the train and carousel.  Good combo!  
Then Lyndsey sees Claire's and remembers that she wants to get her ears pierced.  She wanted to do it on her birthday back in September but we ran out of time that day.  I caved and said, "Sure we can get your ears pierced today."  I should have made sure they had 2 piercers available because after the 1st ear was pierced, she was DONE.  I was tired.  She was screaming.  It was NOT a pretty sight.  After about 20 minutes, the lady was able to trick her into getting the other ear pierced.  LETS GO HOME.

The girls spent the afternoon walking down our street delivering gifts while mom went to a padded room!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment