There are no boring days at our house! Some are just less dramatic than others!!!! On Saturday morning, we were bustling around the house. JM and Tyler had already left to go to the Middle School Capital City Championship Tournament. Tyler's team was playing their first tournament game at 8. I had the 3 younger girls at home, and I was getting ready to leave for Corynne's 8 game at the neighborhood YMCA. It's 730 and I walk out of my bedroom thinking this day is starting off busy but at least I am going to be on time to the game! Haha! Before I get the thought out, I round the corner to a scream and Lauren is picking up Colleen. Colleen has blood gusting from her head. Oh my!!! I get her cleaned up and think this looks like we need stitches. Oh, dear. I text JM a picture and he calls me back immediately and says, "I am on my way home." At this point Colleen has calmed down and my weak stomach is taking over!!!! I keep deep breathing trying to not pass out BEFORE JM gets home!
He quickly examined her and went to the back of the house. He told me, "I have everything we need to stitch her up, but you are going to have to hold her down." I try to be strong, and then I look over on the counter and see the needle and I know there is no way I will remain standing when that needle goes into her head. So Plan B. JM decides to run her up to the hospital and get a few of the professionals to hold her down. It was done in a matter of minutes. 2 STITCHES in my baby's head!! She got a special teddy bear to remember the day!A picture of the stitches.
Dad cleaned and dressed the boo-boo each night. On Thursday, he cut and pulled the stitches out. He is an amazing dad and doctor!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment