Just a few highlights of the elf fun that has happened in our house this year.
While the elves were busy, I had plenty of time for crafts....
I made these turkey handprints with the kids right after Thanksgiving. Better late than never! And I think if I waited til next year I would not have been able to put Tyler's hand on a glass block!!!
I made these cute snowmen handprint ornaments! FYI--I REALLY discovered Pinterest while visiting my friend in Maryland and over the Thanksgiving holidays in the mountains! I had set up an account at least a month ago and just never figured out how to navigate the site. Actually, I had just never sat down and tried because it is so easy to find anything you can think of finding!!! It is an addictive site!!!I made these glitter ornament for Corynne and Lauren's dance friends and teachers. I also made a Peace & Love, bright, multi-color version of these glitter ornaments for Corynne's school girl friends. So fun and so easy! Thank you Pinterest and 2 girl friends in Maryland, Robin and Susan, who taught me well!!!
Added a little fluff and jazz to hand wash for neighbor gifts!
Oh, a couple of my friends and I made Homemade Vanilla to past out as gifts! It was so easy, but when my son saw the trash can after we finished he had a lot of questions! "Mom, what did y'all do with all those bottle of Vodka!"
I helped with a 6th grade science lab. This was my first time to help. A different parent helps every Thursday with 6th grade science labs. I carefully picked my lab assignments because we all know that is NOT MY FAVORITE SUBJECT!!!! So my first lab was very crafty to go along with their study of trees and conifers!!! Yes, right up my alley. I enjoyed science today!!!! (FYI-my next two times this year are baking projects! hehehe I will leave the microscopes, star charts and such to other people!!!)
Lyndsey amazes us everyday. Today she sounding out words and actually reading them!!! Could be she is a 4th child and just picks up on these faster because she is around her sibblings doing it all the time or it could be that she has amazing pre-school teachers!!! Miss Milla and Miss Kim are amazing, and they run a very loving, nurturing, ADVANCED pre-k program!
And it would not be December if we did not dance at the zoo! This year was SOOO different from previous years because we did NOT freeze during the performance. It was a beautiful evening at the zoo.
We also went to Lyndsey's preschool "Christmas Pageant". She was Elizabeth. "The mother of a very special baby whose name is John." Yep, that was her line in the program and she did it well! She also did a great job making sure everyone else did what they were suppose to do. AKA...She politely corrected them! Hmmm....I am not sure if that was really her job! But she assumes that role where ever she is!!


No comments:
Post a Comment