JM took Tyler to Nike Tennis Camp this morning at Emory University in Atlanta, GA. I was a little under the weather so I stayed at home with the girls. JM said that it was harder to leave him at the camp than he thought it would have been. That means that I would have been in tears!!! This is his third overnight camp, but the first 2 were with his church group. At this camp, he did not know a single person (and he is 3 hours from home)!
When he left home, we gave him the kid's cell phone to use to call home (it was permitted by the camp). I requested that he call me on Monday and Wednesday night. He quickly said, "Do I have to call home?" JM and I said, "Yes, at least twice just to let us know how you are doing." He huffed a little, and said he would call.
Well, he has been gone for 8 hours! As we predicted he has called home 3 times! He just can not make it with out talking to us! Yeah!!!!
Awwwww, it's good to know he loves you. I predict that there will be less and less calls as the week goes on and he makes friends. I hope he has a GREAT time! Are you feeling better? What was up?
ReplyDelete