Saturday, June 6, 2009

We've been down under!

I can not believe that we are two weeks into summer, because time is flying by.  JM and I took a week long trip to Jamaica with some of his work friends.  I hope to load the pics this afternoon and give an account of our trip!  Since we got back to town on Friday evening, we have had baseball games, a tennis tournament, and VBS!

This year we headed to the land down under for VBS--Australia!  Our kids hopped on the Boomerang Express for a week full of fun.  I was the lead teacher for one of the 3 post-Kindergarten groups at our church.  Our class had 30 kids most days, and the other two classes had the same #.  For such a big group of kids, we had an amazingly well behaved group of kiddos.   I was blessed with two wonderful teacher, Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Maxie, who helped lead the class a few days.  We also had two teenage girls who were helpful, responsible, and ready to work!  Lauren and all her friends from school were in my class this year.  We studied 5 stories about Peter this year, and Peter came to worship rally everyday to talk to the kids (aka retell the Bible story)!  It was a great week, but I am exhausted and ready for some down time.



As you can see, Tyler was not in any of these pictures at VBS!  He decided to go to a baseball camp  while we were at VBS (and there really was not a class for rising 6th graders) and tennis clinic every afternoon!  This presented our big transportation issue for the week since I was tied down at church all morning and dad was working.  Ms. Roberta, our housekeeper/our laundry woman/all-purpose helper/Misty #2, came to the rescue!  Tyler was very greatful everyday because he knew that without her he would not be at baseball camp, or get lunch, or make it to tennis clinic in the afternoon!  

I might add that we had cousins in town this week  which is always fun and the kids love to spend time with them!  And we showed our house 2 times this week, we continued piano lessons, I returned to my 3 times a week workouts, and we had a full week of baseball games!
Did I say, "I am exhausted?" If I didn't say it, I AM!

3 comments:

  1. I swear you look like one of the kids! Thank God for Ms. Roberta! I am sure she was Tyler's favorite person this week. Can't wait to hear about your trip to Jamaica. Give a call when you have a minute. Miss hearing from you. Oh, and any good news from the house showings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin ----Here is my cool reality for this week--I got a size Large t-shirt for the first time since high school! I was very nervous when I picked it up on Sunday afternoon, but that was the size I ordered and there was no extras for exchanging! I was truly SHOCKED that it was not a TIGHT fit! Made me feel good! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at how much you do with four children! I have three and am overwhelmed most of the time! You truly are a supermom!

    ReplyDelete