Sunday, June 28, 2009

A good laugh...

I know it has been a while but we have been very busy!  We are having computer difficulties so I can not upload any pics from our recent excursions.  I have a computer geek coming out in the morning, so I hope he fixes all our issues!!!!  Meanwhile, I just have one funny from last week to share.

On the day following the death of Michael Jackson, Tyler came downstairs and said "Mom, why are they making such a big deal about MJ's death.  Did anybody really like him?"

Me:  Well...yes he sang really good.  I remember enjoying quite a few of his songs when I was younger.  He used to be really cool and normal!  He just made a lot of bad decisions over the last few years.

Tyler:  Mom, he is a white man who thinks he is black.  

That is where I started laughing, and Tyler did not get it!  I tried to explain that things are not always how they appear!!!  When one of the many shows recapping MJs life was on this weekend, we made a point of showing Tyler videos of MJ in his younger days!  Tyler was shocked!  We enjoyed hearing the music from the past and exposing the kids to the MOONWALK!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahaha! A white man that thinks he's black. That is just too funny. Nathan was just really mad that there was nothing but Michael Jackson on the radio. He wanted to know just what the big deal was about that "perv that slept with kids". I tried to explain that was never proven, but Nate wasn't buying it...at all! MJ is just a "perv" to Nate. Kinda sad when you think about all MJ did and that's all Nate can think of him.

    ReplyDelete