Tyler also received a surprise award on April 24th. During the year end awards ceremony, Tyler received the Honors Chemistry Award. He received the award for the highest grade average for the Honors Chemistry class this year with a 100+ grade. He found out after the ceremony that he missed getting the Honors Alegbra II award by hundredths of a point!!! I think he is having a great year!
I don't have any pictures of him receiving his Honors Chemistry award because I was receiving my Parent Failure Award at the same time. I really didn't know about the awards ceremony until Tyler came down in "chapel" dress this morning. I asked why he was dressed up today, and he told me it was awards day. I didn't receive a letter this year, so i just sent him off to school! In the past years, we had received a letter that Tyler would be honored during the ceremony. All those years the letter was sent home so I could go up there, sit for 1.5 hours, and watch him stand up for reading library books. Seriously--I view that as a standard NOT an honor. Justification why I did not see it necessary to go up there this morning! Well, I was WRONG this year. My boy is standing above the crowd this year, and I missed his day to shine. Here is my late evening, post tennis practice picture!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment