Saturday, October 5, 2013

La & Ly Fall Vball

When I did't let the girls sign-up for dance this year, I promised them that they would get to do other sports.  I am not so sure that was a good promise to make, but the fall is the easiest time for me to fit one more thing into the schedule!  Well, that would be 2 girls on different teams with a couple of practice times and games--not exactly ONE more thing on the calendar!!!

They decided to try volleyball.  Lyndsey has never played and it has been almost 2 years since Lauren last played.  I decided to sign them up at the CCJ because it is closer to our house than the YMCA team.  I also had this wild dream that they might have practice at the same time as Corynne's school games which are at the CCJ.  I know--it was a WILD dream!  It never happened, but the schedule seemed doable most days!

Lyndsey was one of the youngest on her team, but she played each game with determination!  She finally got her serve over on the next to last game.  I was so proud of her that I popped out of my chair when that ball went over the net!!  Then, she did it 3 more times that rotation!!!!  She also nailed a few serves the last game!  She worked so hard on her serve, and I am so happy that she got a little reward (team point) before the season was over!  Her team won their division for the fall season, and they got the awesome lime green CHAMPION shirts!
Lauren, at the age of 10, was also the youngest on her team.  There team struggled in the beginning to pull everything together.  They won a few games (no match wins), and they practiced good sportsmanship!!!  Lauren worked on serving consistently, and she did a great job returning the ball when it came her way.  She was disappointed that her team did not do better.  Most of that disappointment probably came from Lyndsey's team success :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment