Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sibling Doubles

Our summers for the last 7 years have been filled with tennis, tennis, and a little bit more tennis.  There has been tennis camps, tennis clinics, tennis lessons, and tennis tournaments.  There is really not a day during the summer (or any other season of the year) that I am not taking a kid to the tennis courts.  Tennis seems to be a part of our family!  Everyone enjoys watching and playing tennis.  Tyler and Corynne are our 2 tournament players, but Lauren and Lyndsey are beginning to play in a few tournaments!  The 2 big tournaments of the summer are played right here in Montgomery in June and July.  Yes, our summer planning begins by putting these dates on the calendar and everything else has to adjust to fit these 2 weeks and weekends!  
Tyler has a strong tennis game right now.  It is amazing how his game has changed with him in the last year.  He is a bigger "boy" than his dad; and he has the strength, endurance, and temper of a MAN.  I remember sitting at these courts a year ago thinking "I do not want my kid to play against those big boys.  There is no way he can play 'that' kind of fast paced tennis."  USTA Boys 16 & 18 is on a completely different scale than school tennis!  It is just a different level of intense competition.  Now I watch him play, and I know he can handle "that" game!  He is one of those hard-hitting boys!
 Today, Tyler & Corynne played mixed doubles together for the first time.  I posted on FB "this could go really good or really BAD!"  Tyler has no patience!  They lost in the first round, but they were truly out-matched!  Corynne listened to Tyler.  She got her serves in and hit the shots that came to her, but it was not enough.  She did her part!  It was fun (and stressful) to watch them on the court together.  I hope they get the opportunity to play mixed doubles again in the next few years!


No comments:

Post a Comment