Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New Jersey

Getting out of Philly on Tuesday morning was difficult!  Everyone was hungry, and the hotel restaurant was way too pricey for kids!  The front desk told me there was a counter dinner less than a block east.  So off we went.  It was perfect!  Everyone got what they wanted from pancakes to egg sandwiches, and they loved the "counter/barstools"!
Hmmm...everybody looks a little sleepy in this picture (taken before they ate)!  After breakfast, we walked back to hotel.  I sent the 3 older kids up to the room to get all the bags while I went to get the car out of the garage.  They did a great job having everything down to the street by the time the 2 littles and I made the block with the van to the front of the hotel.  We were 10 minutes out of downtown when Corynne realized that she had left her wallet.  It is a very cute Vera Bradley wallet and she had about $30 in it.  I called the hotel as I was trying to find the next exit.  The front desk went up and found the wallet right where I had seen it last night.  I circled around and headed back into town!  Ugg!  So much for the early start! 

We finally made it to Trenton, New Jersey around 10:45.  Getting into the capitol was like an act of Congress.  The garage attendant asked why we were there.  I said, "Just to see your capitol building."  He gave me the craziest look.  From that point, we were directed straight to a tour guide.  It was the most structured capitol tour we had on the trip!  It was an unusual, yet beautiful capitol!  With each addition, the architectural style changed.  So the building had many different styles!  The girls favorite things were the stained glass windows, the carved tree with ALL the state symbols, the dome, and the carpet which also had the state symbols on it!
 After our tour, we drove down a few blocks to a City Deli for lunch.  Then we headed north!  Oh wait, New Jersey is famous in our house for one special Cake Shop!  We had to stop by Carlos' Bake Shop for a treat!  I really did not even mention where we were going until we were on the street.  They were so excited to see the store front!  The cupcakes were an additional treat!!!  SO MUCH FUN even though we did not see any of the family there today!

No comments:

Post a Comment