On Thursday, May 31st, the girls and I headed out for Texas. We left Tyler at home with JM because this weekend is the big Alabama Qualifier Tennis tournament. We drove all the way to Athens, Texas, on Thursday were we met Grammy and Papa. On Friday, Grammy and I went to Canton Trade Days to shop while Papa stayed at the hotel with the girls. He is a good PAPA!!!!!! I had a great time dragging my mom from shop to shop! I had to make up for the last five year that I had missed!!!! Rest assured JM will not let me go back on First Monday Trade Days for 5 more years!!!
On Saturday, we met my family out at my uncles farm in Jacksonville for a visit with some precious family. Unfortunately, I guess I did not pull my camera out of the car on Saturday and take any pictures. The girls had fun playing with cousins and I enjoyed getting to catch up with family. Why oh why do I not have pictures?!?!?
On Sunday, the girls and I headed to Grapevine. We made an unexpected stop. OK. Honestly, I had the stop factored into our day because I needed something! Corynne even asked for what I wanted after we got there (without her even knowing I wanted to get it). Meet the newest additions to our family--Kaya, Rebecca, and Marie-Grace. We had a great time at American Girl, and we got to eat upstairs in the Bistro. Tons of girl fun!!!
Next, we met up with JM's sister and kids at Urban Air. It is an indoor trampoline park. The kids had a lot of fun jumping, and jumping, and jumping, and jumping some more!We made it to Grammy and Papa's house on Sunday night. I was so happy to stop driving for a little while! On Monday, I took the 3 older girls to my mother-in-laws house for the day. She took them to Frontier Texas in Abilene. After learning a little Texas history, they took in some bowling and arcade games before heading back to her house for the night. On Tuesday, Colleen and I joined the girls at Mimi's house for some playtime. Everyone came back to Grammy and Papa's Tuesday evening for some fun on the farm.
We loaded up the car and started back home on Wednesday afternoon. This was a FAST mini-vacation/visit. I wish it could be longer but I have a son who has been home by himself for 3 days now while Dad went back to work!!! And my son plays in a tennis tournament in 2 days in Dothan that I have to take him to because Dad is working. And my "youth" leave in 4.5 short days to go to TN for youth camp!!!! I must get home, unpack, wash, and repack!!! Welcome to my summer! It really never slows down!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment