Sunday, December 6, 2009

Jesus, Santa & Gingerbread Houses

Lyndsey woke up this morning and ran into our room. She was so excited because today, "we go to church. then we go see Santa. then we make Gingerbread Houses." JM described her excitement to be off the charts just like the 1st day at Disney World. She could not contain herself, and she wanted to get the day started!!!

First we got a few pics before church. Opps, I guess these are from last Sunday! Good pic though so I will add it here!
Then a few shots before we went into Wynlakes for lunch.
The kids love to eat at the Country Club buffet, but I really have a problem with the cost. It seems that the bad economy has encouraged them to make a few changes. It is now a little more reasonable since we do not have to pay for kids under 7! Good thing...because Lyndsey was so excited to see Santa that I think she only ate 5 or 6 bites.

Next we went over to the Santa party. The girls made Gingerbread Men while we waited for Tyler to join us. He thought if he wasted enough time chit-chatting with other tables that he would miss the Santa visit, but Mom was smarter than the average Momma Bear! I entertained the girls at the crafts table until Tyler decided to join us!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! I mean HO! HO! HO!
This was Lyndsey's first chat with Santa. All prior years, she has been afraid of Santa. This year she ran up to Santa and jumped into his lap. She knew exactly what she wanted to ask Santa to bring her. "I want a Dora bouncing ball and a Diego backpack because my Mom will not buy them for me!" She is straight to the point.
After Lyndsey talked to Santa, she went to JM and told him she was ready to go home to make Gingerbread houses!
We had a great family afternoon of decorating our gingerbread houses. I think I am going to get my own house to decorate next year, because the kids are old enough now to do their own house their own way. I really do not get to express my creative side during this family project anymore :( The kids had a blast, and I enjoyed watching them have fun. Yes, it is possible to get sugar sick from watching your kids eat all that candy. I only ate a few M&Ms and I was "sick" all afternoon!!!
The final results in age order...Tyler, Corynne, Lauren, and Lyndsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment