Friday, March 15, 2013

Alabama Capitol Tour

The girls and I went on a field trip with our local homeschool group to the Alabama State Capitol.  The girls were really excited, and I love to go view the beauty in this building!
 The amazing staircase constructed by a freed slave and Alabama bridge builder, Horace King, who later became one of Alabama's first black legislators.  It is a fleur-de-lis staircase which means it is suspended and you do not see any support below the stairs.
 Viewing the Main Rotunda is always an experience!!

 Now this is my favorite room in the capitol!  I love the paint work that is 3D and looks like molding all around the room.  IT IS JUST PAINT!!!!  I just love this room!!!!
 Lauren with Lurleen Burns Wallace who was the first lady governor.
 Of course, we had to find the Alabama flag in front of the capitol.
It was a great day on Goat Hill!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment